Lindfield Arts Festival are committed to safeguarding our website visitors privacy; in this policy we explain how your personal information will be treated.
What will we collect?
The following categories of personal information may be collected, stored and used by Lindfield Arts Festival:
- information about your use of this website and about your computer (including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths);
- information that you provide to us when registering with our website or for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters (including your name and email address;
- information that you post to our website for publication on the internet (including your user name and the content of your posts);
- information contained in, or relating to any communication that you send to us or send through our website (including the communication content and metadata associated with the communication);
If, for whatever reason you disclose to us the personal information of another person, prior to doing so you must obtain that person’s consent, not just to the disclosure of their details, but also their written consent to the processing of that personal information in accordance with this policy.
What will we use your data for?
This policy specifies the purposes for which personal information submitted to us through our website will be used. Additional information may also be found on the relevant pages of the website.
Lindfield Arts Festival may use your personal information to:
- allow us to administer our website;
- send you email notifications and our email newsletters, only if you have specifically requested them (you can inform us at any time if you no longer wish to receive electronic communications from Lindfield Arts Festival);
- deal with enquiries and complaints made relating to our website;
- ensure our website remains secure;
- ensure compliance with the terms and conditions relating to the use of our website;
Who will see your data?
- Lindfield Arts Festival will not provide your personal information to third parties.
- In so far as is reasonably necessary, Lindfield Arts Festival may disclose your personal information to its committee members for the purposes set out in this policy.
- Lindfield Arts Festival may disclose your personal information to the extent that we are required to do so by law.
- Due to the global nature of the internet, information that you publish, or submit for publication on our website may be available around the world. Lindfield Arts Festival cannot prevent the use or misuse of such information by others.
How long will we keep your data?
Outlined below are the Lindfield Arts Festival data retention policies. These are designed to help us ensure that we comply with our legal obligations in relation to the retention and deletion of personal information.
- No personal information processed by Lindfield Arts Festival for any purpose(s) will be kept for longer than is necessary to fulfill that purpose(s).
- Lindfield Arts Festival will usually delete personal data relating to the annual festival 12 months after the date of the festival each year.
- Documents (including electronic documents) containing personal data will be retained by Lindfield Arts Festival:
- to the extent that is required to do so by law;
- if Lindfield Arts Festival believe that the documents may be relevant to any future planning of Lindfield Arts Festival events;
How secure is your personal information?
- Lindfield Arts Festival will take reasonable technical and organisational precautions to prevent the loss, misuse or alteration of your personal information.
- Lindfield Arts Festival will store all the personal information you provide on our secure (password- and firewall-protected) servers.
- You acknowledge that the transmission of information over the internet is inherently insecure, and Lindfield Arts Festival cannot guarantee the security of data sent over the internet.
What if we change this policy?
- Updates to this policy may be made from time to time and the new version will be published on our website.
- It is the responsibility of users of the Lindfield Arts Festival website to regularly check this page to ensure they happy with the policy currently in force, and to act accordingly if they are not.
- Lindfield Arts Festival retains the right to notify you of changes to this policy by email.
What are you rights?
- You may instruct Lindfield Arts Festival to provide you with any personal information held about you by formally requesting a Subject Access Request; provision of such information will be subject to:
- the payment of whatever fees are legally enforceable at the time of the request; and
- the supply of appropriate evidence of your identity (in line with current recognised security best practices, Lindfield Arts Festival will usually accept a photocopy of your passport certified by a solicitor or bank plus an original copy of a utility bill showing your current address)
- To the extent permitted by law, Lindfield Arts Festival may withhold personal information that you request.
- Written or electronic requests to not process your personal information for Lindfield Arts Festival purposes may be made at any time.
- On all electronic communications provided to you, Lindfield Arts Festival will provide an opportunity to opt out of the use of your personal information.
Third party website disclaimer
- Hyperlinks to, and details of, third party websites are included on the Lindfield Arts Festival website.
- The privacy policies and practices of these third party websites are outside of the control of Lindfield Arts Festival, and Lindfield Arts Festival therefore takes no responsible for them.
Is your data up to date?
Lindfield Arts Festival takes no responsibility for ensuring that the personal information that Lindfield Arts Festival hold about you is correct or needs to be updated.
Data protection registration
Lindfield Arts Festival is exempt from registering as a data controller with the UK Information Commissioner’s Office.
Lindfield Arts Festival contact details
- This website is owned and operated by Lindfield Arts Festival.
- Lindfield Arts Festival is registered as a Charity in England and Wales under registration number 1150304
- You can contact us: