- This event has passed.
Barnstormers Comedy Show
September 18, 2019 @ 7:30 pm - 10:30 pm£10.00
£10 in advance | £12 on the door
We have a terrific local Sussex line-up with Brighton Dan Evans as MC and compere with Mary Bourke from Ireland, Robert White, from Horsham and a BGT Runner-Up AND Pierre Hollins from Lewes Dan Evans | www.danevans.info For over a decade Dan’s accessible but childish surrealism has delighted audiences throughout the UK and Ireland. He’s also had his grammar corrected by Dutch and German crowds; performed for chubby sweating ex-pats in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Singapore and Thailand, and is one of just two UK comics to play Hanoi, Vietnam.
He’s appeared on BBC 2’s ‘Brain Candy’, ‘Channel 5 at The Store’ and the Channel 5‘Comedy Zone’, Radio 2’s ‘Stand Up Show’ and ’28 acts in 28 minutes’ on Radio 4.
- ‘a favourite with audiences as well as with his notoriously hard-to-please comedic peers’ The Guardian
Mary Bourke | http://www.marybourkecomic.com
Mary Bourke is an award winning Irish comedian ,writer, playwright and highly acclaimed Irish dancer. She never learned to swim and hates garlic. She has seen actual ghosts. She has performed stand up comedy all over the world including The United States, The Philippines, Cambodia, New Zealand, Bahrain, Singapore ,Malaysia, Vietnam, Indonesia and Cambodia
Robert White | http://www.robertwhitecomedy.com/
Runner-up in Britain’s Got Talent 2018, Robert goes from strength to strength, securing a dedicated following of fans and working his way well up the ladder of comedy:Robert worked his way up the stand-up scene, starting in 2004 and found early success as a finalist in the prestigious Hackney Empire competition 2006, he has gone from strength to strength and in 2010 won the Malcolm Hardee main award at the Edinburgh Festival. He now is a sought after act who regularly performs in big clubs, little clubs, those in-between, theatres and festivals around the UK and abroad.
- ‘Just one of the funniest performers I’ve ever seen, I’ve never laughed like that !’ – David Walliams
- ‘You’re very unique, you’re very quirky, very funny, very naughty, Robert, which we like!’ – Simon Cowell
- “surprisingly original, and funny…. exactly the sort of act who should win Britain’s Got Talent.” – The Daily Mail
- ‘He may sound like a niche act, but the musical comedian has managed to garner a wide appeal with his chaotic style and improvised musical skills.’ – The Sun
Pierre Hollins | http://pierrehollins.com/
Pierre Hollins is a stand-up comedian and writer.
Pierre has been a comedy circuit favourite for many years, headlining clubs throughout the UK, Europe, Middle East and Asia.
His first novel THE KARMA FARMERS was published last year.
Pierre has written for radio and television. His cartoon strip GURU featured in the Fortean Times for many years.
- He is… always enjoyable,often inspired… THE SOURCE
- He has… an easy going joyful manner, laced and juxtaposed with pathos and reality that only an experienced comedian and earthling can bring you… TAKING THE PISTE TOUR
- He should be… made the mayor of a small village… SHANGHAI CITY WEEKEND
- He is also… bloody funny… TIME OUT
- Finally… Pierre Hollins is a hugely likeable cheeky chappie and unlikely rock god who whipped the crowd into a state of near euphoria. THE LATEST
Please be aware that although we try our best to stick to the published line-up, it can be subject to change at the last moment.
Images provided by Barnstormers, quotes and bio from websites.
Sadly Addy has had a better offer and will no longer be appearing
** Cancelled ** Addy Van De Borgh | http://www.addyvanderborgh.com
Addy van der Borgh has that rare talent of making people laugh as soon as he walks on stage. He is a great performer of highly acclaimed and original material, an ability noticed immediately by the BBC when he appeared on the ‘Stand-up Show’ on BBC1 after only one year as a comedian. He has subsequently appeared on ‘The World Stands Up’ and ‘Live at the Comedy Store’ for Comedy Central, and the BBC3 series from Baby Cow Productions, ‘Brain Candy’. He has also written and co-presented twenty episodes of ‘TV Meltdown’ for Sky 1 with Kirsty Gallacher (2004 / 2005), has acted in a number of voiceovers for radio and television and has appeared on many radio shows including multiple appearances on the legendary ‘Loose Ends’ on Radio 4
- ‘An excellent stand-up with intelligence and wit’ The Guardian