Watch and listen to the Junior Choir, together with a number of soloists – a cellist, a trumpeter, a horn player and a pianist to make a varied programme.
RokSkool Workshops to learn how to rock. All workshops are suitable for children, teens and adults and will be help in the Tiger Rooms School Room on Saturday 21st September.
Each workshop is £5 a student – maximum 25 students per workshop.
- Vocal coaching 10-10.30am
- Vocal coaching 10.40-11.10am
- Keys/bass 11.20-11.50am
- Guitar 12.00-12.30pm
- Guitar 12.40-1.10pm
- Drums 1.20-1.50pm
- Drums 2.00-2.30pm
- Ukulele 2.40-3.10pm
- Band session 3.20-4.10pm
- Band session 4.20-5.00pm
Please book directly on www.rokskool.co.uk or text 07506 838050.
To open the Festival, the All Saints Tower Bell ringers will peal from 9.00am till 10.00am on Saturday 21st September
With three albums under his belt, and stints with Paul Jones and The Blues Band, and more recently with Tony Joe White, blues guitarist Jack Blackman is quickly establishing himself as a standout musician, songwriter and performer. He has performed his songs all across the country and as far as the Mississippi Delta and received accolades from the likes of BBC Radio 2s ‘Whispering’ Bob Harris, who described his guitar playing as ‘exceptional’ and folk guitar hero Martin Simpson who marvelled, ‘At last! A brilliant young guitarist coming through’,
A rapidly rising star of the blues guitar, singer-songwriter Jack Blackman provides original contemporary blues numbers flavoured with folk and country (elements of Dylan and Tom Petty in the mix too) for a highly original fusion of styles underpinned by his accomplished guitar playing and his smooth vocals – which one reviewer described as “reminiscent of Squeeze’s Glenn Tilbrook” – and songwriting hooks.
This event is from 8:15pm to 10:00pm on September 20 at The Stand Up Inn
Book Now An evening of amazing Blues & Rock with Aynsley and his band.
Regarded as one of the UK’s finest proponents of rocking blues, Aynsley will perform up close and personal in our wonderful King Edward Hall. His solo performances are the perfect platform to witness his amazing abilities and with his band, we will be able to enjoy an incredible evening of Blues and Rock.
- Multi-Award Winning Blues-Rock Guitarist, Singer & Songwriter
- Winner of “Best Songwriter” & “Best Song (for Home)” in the 2014 British Blues Awards. Currently nominated for “Best Guitarist” & “Male Vocalist” in this year’s awards. Voting and information at http://www.britishbluesawards.com. “Tower Sessions” voted “Best Live Album” in the 2011 Blues Matters Writers’ Poll.
- Whether passionately writing and recording his own material or mesmerising audiences at his live shows one thing is abundantly clear: music is hard-wired to his DNA and flows from his fingertips like sonic bolts of lightning. With in excess of 100,000 albums sold, lashings of critical acclaim and years of high profile touring, Lister’s resumé speaks for itself and firmly secures his position as a leading light in the resurgence of British blues-infused music.
Jack Blackman will be performing the warm-up set for Aynsley.
This event is from 7:30pm to 10:30pm on September 20 at King Edward Hall
This event is from 7:30pm to 8:30pm on September 18, 2019 at All Saints Church
Geoff Robb was the winner of the 2018 Brighton Fringe Live Music Award for his solo show. His beautiful compositions blend his training in jazz and classical guitar with his love of Spanish and Celtic music and he has performed all over the UK and Europe at venues including including Buckingham Palace & Glastonbury Festival.
His new compositions are inspired by the trees of Sussex so if you love nature and enjoy beautiful guitar music then don’t miss this award-winning show.
“Very talented – makes the guitar sound like 2 guitars and a piano” BBC Southern Counties
YouTube: The Music of Trees